mUVe 1 3D Printer Classic
*Being discontinued 10/31/14*
The original and the first open-source SLA printer for the masses.. The mUVe 1 3D printer is bridging the gap between the hobbyist maker and the high-price resin printers that are currently out of their reach. The mUVe 1 uses a standard 405nm UV laser diode and a 3 axis CNC system to bring all of your high-resolution 3D models to life. When we set out to design a 3D printer we needed it to be as open and upgradable as possible, but it still had to offer great features at a great price. The mUVe 1 is completely open, we share everything, the designs, the software, all of it! On top of it all we still manage to do it for less money than anyone else, and it’s extremely energy efficient with only 25 watts of power consumption on average. Please read on below to see why the mUVe 1 should be your next 3D printer.
5 kits to choose from! Kit shipping times are posted on our home page. Please contact us with any questions.
-Wooden Case Partial Kits available for the diy’er that wants to do most of it on their own, you can choose from the Builder Kit and the Skeleton Kit.
-Wooden Case Complete Kits available for those that want to build and get printing right away, we even give you resin! Choose from the Small Kit that comes without a case, the Full Kit that does, and the Ultimate Kit that comes with everything you need to get printing and keep going. Plus you can customize the Ultimate kit and truly make it your own!
The Wooden Cased Ultimate Kit still gets you a custom case engraving and your choice of case color, it also includes UV Oven, 4 Liters of SubG+ resin, a resin syringe, an SD card for PC-less printing, a multi-tool, and a precision tool-set! Save yourself time and get running sooner, we include everything necessary and do all the soldering for you!
Easier to use and calibrate, less expensive to run, and less maintenance!
- No extruder heater cores to burn out or extruder insulators that melt and are irreparable. Only a long lasting laser diode, and they can easily be replaced!
- No fans to cool sagging extruded plastic during your prints or keep extruder parts from melting. Just 1 fan to cool the motor drivers.
- No tedious Z-axis leveling process. The glass reservoir is flat and the frame is very square.
- Because of the upside-down approach to printing there is much less restriction for overhangs and high sloping angles on your parts.
- The adjustable size of the laser allows changing laser point size. No more buying extruder nozzles to change extrusion or filament size, just adjust the iris, measure the output and go!
Still need more reason to buy the mUVe 1?
- Standard Open Source Tool-Chain – 3D Model ->Repetier Host ->3D Printed Object.
- Make your own resin colors or use pre-mixed and colored resins! Finally you can make the exact color you need. Pigments and resins available at MakerJuice.com
- It’s Fast. Printing hi-resoultion takes a long time so we move at up to 600mm/s with 4000mm/s+ acceleration rates. That is about 5 times faster than most current top of the line FFF printers. Current average speed with MakerJuice Resin is about 300mm/s.
- Replacement Parts are Easily Sourced and are Inexpensive.
- No part costs more than $25 to make or replace, other than the reservoir at around $50 pre-assembled with non-stick surface. The Iris Diaphragm is a bit over $40 but is still considered optional, yet highly recommended. The 1/4″ glass should last indefinitely, the non-stick coat can be replaced for $4-8 depending on your choice.
- Using 8mm linear motion means there are literally hundreds, if not thousands, of suppliers for parts worldwide.
- MicroRax is highly popular and established and can support a large audience. It is also very inexpensive and parts can be purchased individually so there’s no need to buy more than you need to replace.
*Kits require assembly, pre-sale kit orders are final.*
||16 x 14 x 8 in
mUVe 1 Specs and Documentation
• MicroRax Aluminum Extrusion frame
• 8mm coated aluminum linear rods and Igus bearings
• Small parts ship in an divided snap-lock container
• 145mm x 145mm x 185mm X,Y,Z build space
• Outside dimensions 330mm x 330mm x 450mm/13″ x 13″ X 19″
• RAMPS 1.4 Electronics with SD RAMPS
• 12V 5A PSU switchable 120V/240V AC
• Laser Iris Diaphragm allows scalable resolution, .1mm standard supported resolution
• 50mW laser included, upgradable up to 500mW with current laser driver
• Replaceable PTFE non-stick tape coating or QSil Silicone Elastomer
• Low-Iron Glass Reservoir, extremely clear
• Custom Marlin Firmware with active development
• Now shipping with SubG+ !!!
Chassis BuildAluminum Case BuildWooden Case BuildDriver/Software/StartupLaser System
FEP/Teflon Tape Application
You must log in to post a comment.